Discover early African roots of our common faith. Stories of faithful heroes, martyrs, bishops, and monks--like Tertullian, Augustine, Origen, Perpetua, and Anthony--combine with vibrant images of African art, worship sites, and archeological remains to uncover important history Westerners often overlook. Journey to ancient Carthage, Alexandria and Hippo to find the truths these believers held dear and understand how their impact is still felt today.
- The Hunger Games and the love feast
- Saved from the compost heap
- From Abba Salama to King Lalibela
- The Bible's story is our story
- Lessons from Augustine's life as a pastor
- Telling the African story