Is hoarding "idolatry" as Dietrich Bonhoeffer suggests? Are Christians always required to give when they are able? The careful dance between economics and true faith commenced during the early days of Israel, and today we still field a plethora of questions and offer few answers. Christian History & Biography offers this issue as an historical survey of the Church's theology of money and its usage on individual and institutional levels.
- A survey of the Bible on money and wealth
- St. Francis of Assisi on poverty
- Luther on the use of money
- The Protestant ethic of prosperity
- Money and the Reformation